Friday, July 13, 2007

Guess Who I Saw?

Hey yesterday I was going for some espresso.
Just like always.
Going for some espresso.
Drove by the old place.
You know at 17th and Jackson.

Guess who I saw?
It was Ronnie Bones.
That Ronnie Bones.
Couch surfer.

Always getting thrown out.
Out of his mom's place.
Out of his sister's place.
Out of the halfway house.
Out of the shelter.

Always drinking.
Always fighting.
Always stealing.

I saw him yesterday.
On that corner.
Corner of 17th and Jackson.

Right there on the curb.
Feet on the street.
But laying on his back.
Mouth wide open.

He had two plastic shopping bags.
He had a suit case.
A little brown one.
Like some little kid might have.
All his stuff.

Probably got kicked out again.
Sleeping it off.
Waiting for a ride.

Right there on the curb.
Feet on the street.
But laying on his back.
Mouth wide open.

Drove by him.
Corner of 17th and Jackson
I heard a siren.
Saw an ambulance in my rearview.
I felt cold.
I crossed myself.
Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home